About Texas State Aviation
Texas State Aviation was created by former employees of other international aviation schools. Texas State Aviation is dedicated to providing the best training adapted to foreign students.
Texas State Aviation is located in San Marcos, Texas, USA. It is located centrally in the state. San Marcos is a small city located in the beautiful hill country of Texas. The San Marcos airport is great for training. The area has ideal weather conditions almost year round.
The Texas State Aviation Team
President/Flight Instructor …..Erik Landrum, Chief Pilot, CFI,CFII, MEI, Lancair
Flight Instructor………………George Wilhite, CFI, CFII, Tailwheel
Flight Instructor………………Randy Hammonds, CFI, CFII, Tailwheel, MEI, ATP, AGI, IGI
Flight Instructor………………Gary White, CFI, CFII, AGI, IGI
Assurance of the Highest Level of Training
- FAA approved Part 61 and Part 141 training
- Approved by the Immigration Department for M-1 student visa
- Highly qualified and experienced instructors
- Maintenance by A&P with IA Mechanics
Texas State Aviation’s fleet is maintained by FAA licensed mechanics
Why Choose Texas State Aviation?
- 20 minutes south of Austin & 30 minutes north of San Antonio
- 1 hour flight to Dallas or Houston
- 2 hours to the Gulf of Mexico
- San Marcos Municipal Airport (HYI)
- Runways – 3 long runways
- lighted Approaches – 1 ILS, 1 GPS, 1 NDB
- Texas State Aviation Hangar
Classrooms & Office
- Free computer access
- Internet-available Weather
- King and ASA DVD and video materials.
The San Marcos Airport is not overcrowded and is an ideal airport for learning radio procedures and traffic patterns.